LIFEGUARD TRAINING Requirements for Successful Completion: Participants must attend all scheduled class dates and times, demonstrate proficient land and water skills, and pass the written exam with a score of at least 80 percent. Prerequisites: Participants must be at least 15 years old, able to swim 300 yards, without stopping, using the front crawl and breaststroke, be able to retrieve a 10lb weight from 7 feet underwater then swim 20 yards with the weight using legs only.
NO REFUNDS once the course fee has been submitted. This Includes: participants who do not successfully attend all three days and times, those who do not pass land and water skills with proficiency or those who do not pass the written exam with a score of at least 80%
. 71101Lifeguard Training
Dates: March 23 & 24
Location:RACE & RHS/NHS Pool
WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
Water Safety Instructor is a blended learning course, with both online and classroom components. The American Red Cross requires all Water Safety Instructor candidates to complete the American Red Cross 8 Hour WSI Online Course prior to the first class date.
The American Red Cross online course fee is an additional $35.00 and payable to the American Red Cross and Pre-Course Work Must be Complete Before First Class Date.
The American Red Cross requires participants to successfully complete the following prerequisites, to receive certification. Refunds will not be issued to participants who do not successfully complete all course prerequisites and course completion requirements, according to the American Red Cross standards.
Participants will be required to complete the following course prerequisites and course completion requirements before you attend class.
1. Participants must be at least 16 years old on the last class date
2. Participants must complete the American Red Cross 8 Hour Online Course prior to the first-class date
3. Participants must be proficient and able to swim 25 yards of the following strokes: front crawl (freestyle), back crawl (backstroke), breaststroke, elementary backstroke, sidestroke and 15 yards butterfly. There is no time limit
4. Participants must float on their back for 1 minute in deep water
5. Participants must tread water for 1 minute
6. The American Red Cross also requires the following for successful course completion: participants must attend all scheduled dates and times, demonstrate proficient skills and pass a written exam with a score of at least 80 percent
Once enrolled in the course an email will be sent to each participant with instructions on how to complete the online portion of the training.
Water Safety Training Pre-Course Work Must be Completed Before First Class Date.
71002Water Safety Instructor Training
Date:Saturday & Sunday 3/30 & 3/31
Time:8:00am-7:00pm Class Fee: $175 Plus the $35 Online Red Cross Fee